❧ The greatest (in my opinion) pop artists of all time.
12 April 2011

If I had to choose four of my favourite pop artists, these would be it. I know it sounds cliché, but they've all changed my life in some way. Some of them have just made me feel better after a bad day and some have just been there when I needed to crank up the music.

Britney Spears - I first discovered her when I was about nine years old. I don't know why, but at that time, I was allowed to watch MTV and her first video was on. That was it for me, I begged for her CD and haven't stopped listening to her since. Her second album used to be the one I listened to constantly but her most recent album, Femme Fatale, has since become my favourite. The whole album is just gold.

Jessica Simpson - Not sure why I didn't list her first but that's okay. Just so we're clear, I love her more than any other artist (no matter what genre) in the music business. A lot of people tear her down for things that aren't important. I never have and I never will. This woman has been an inspiration to me for the past twelve years. Do any of you remember those CD catalogue's that used to come in the mail, the ones where you ordered three or four CDs for like, a dollar? Well, that's where I first found out about her. I didn't know anything about her or her music but I ordered her album, Sweet Kisses on a whim, having no idea that she would have such an impact on me. Her music, for me, is easy to relate to. She has sad songs, songs that get you moving and songs that make you feel better about yourself. I adore her and I'll always be a fan of hers.

Pixie Lott - I found out about Pixie about three years ago through Last.fm. Sometimes I randomly search for new music on there and she was one of the suggested artists that was similar to another that I had in my library. I downloaded her album and the rest is history. Pixie has such an amazing voice, I can't even describe it. I've since found a bunch of unreleased songs by her and have come to love those even more than the ones that were released. Check out this British beauty's music.

David Archuleta - What can I say about Archie other than the fact that he's one of the greatest male singers ever? He's far too unappreciated and I think that's crap. This guy has a massive amount of talent and it's a shame that people like artists who need machines to make their voices sound better when his voice is all natural. Also, this kid is so humble. He doesn't let his fame get to him and he loves what he does. He isn't in it for the fame and fortune, he's in for the singing and the music. You can relate to just about every song on both of his albums (excluding his Christmas album) and that's not something many artists are capable of doing anymore. His lyrics make sense and you can practically feel the emotions he was when he was singing them. That is why he is so great.

Labels: